Albania in a week
- entrance fees include
Day1 : TIRANA
- Arrival in “Mother Tereza” airport, meet & assisted by our representative. Transfer by coach and accommodation in the Hotel.
- Enjoy the welcome dinner in Petrela Castle – which dates back to 4 th century B.C. This Castle is built on a rocky hill, from where you can enjoy a wonderful view.
- Dinner and overnight in the Hotel.
Day 2 : TIRANA
- After breakfast a short sightseeing tour in Tirana – visit the important institutions and different buildings with historic value and National History Museum in Tirana.
- Midday departure to Dajti Mountain to have a panoramic view of the Capital from above.
- Lunch at “Chateau Linza” restaurant.
- Dinner and overnight in Tirana.
Day 3 : TIRANA – KRUJA –DURRES
- After breakfast departure to visit Kruja – the picturesque birthplace of Gjergj Kastrioti Skanderbeg, (the Albania ’s National Hero) – perched at more than 4,000 feet above sea level.
- Visit the Kruja Castle and the Skanderbeg Museum .
- Lunch at a local restaurant with a wonderful mountain view .
- After lunch continue to Durres , the ancient Greco-Roman port city of Durrachium .
- Visit the town including the Byzantine city walls, Roman amphitheater and the Archaeological Museum .
- Dinner and overnight in Durres .
Day 4 : DURRES – ELBASAN – POGRADEC
- After breakfast departure to visit Pogradec – on the Roman Via Egnatia route to the east.
- A brief stop to Elbasan (ancient Scampa) to see its fine Ottoman walls and continue to Pogradec.
- Arrive at Lake Ohrid – 363 km 2 which is one of the deepest freshwater lakes in Europe . It is the home to a number of fish and birds found nowhere else in the world.
- Lunch at local restaurant in Drilon (nice spot not far from Ohrid Lake which has been a preferred holiday place for the ex-dictator Hoxha) – decorated with willow trees, and streams flowing down to the lake.
- Dinner and overnight in Pogradec.
Day 5 : POGRADEC – KORCA
- After breakfast departure for a full leisure day at Prespa Lake . In the small island of Maligrad an interesting eremite church is to be found.
- In afternoon proceed to Korca city.
- Dinner and overnight in Korca
Day 6 : KORCA – DARDHE – VOSKOPOJA – KORCA
- After breakfast start a full day tour to visit the village of Dardha – which is an ideal spot for winter sports such as skiing.
- Traveling to Mborja, visit the wonderful Church of Christ’s Ascension (Kisha e Ristozit) with its internal and external outstanding frescoes and drive into the pine-forested mountains to the rough little rural settlement of Voskopoja – a well known center of art, where some of the most talented Albanian painters practiced their profession.
- Visit to several of the most interesting and accessible churches e.g. Church of Shen Kollit notable for its frescoes made by the famous Albanian painters.
- Lunch at a local restaurant in Voskopoja.
- Dinner and overnight in Korca.
Day 7 : KORCA – TIRANA
- After breakfast a brief sightseeing tour to Korca city to visit to the Archaeological Museum housed in a lovely wooden Ottoman house – the Museum of Medieval Art (seeing paintings and icons made by famous local artists),
- Visit the 15 th century Mirahorit Mosque and the Old Bazaar.
- Lunch at local restaurant in Pogradec.
- After lunch transfer by coach to Tirana
- In the afternoon free time at leisure
- Dinner and overnight in Tirana.
Day 8 :TIRANA – AIRPORT
- After breakfast at the Hotel, free time at leisure until departure.
- Transfer to the Airport .
This tour is valid for minimum 10 persons
This price includes :
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Tours and excursions as per the itinerary
- Transportation by deluxe air-conditioned motorcoach
- English, French, italian speaking guide at disposal
- Accommodation at the hotels (with 3 and 4 stars)
- The welcome dinner
- Entrance fees
- All taxes
- Flight tickets
- All meals except breakfast